4X4기술정보

랜드로버 기술정보

Free lander rock sliders

페이지 정보

작성자 육혁 작성일05-01-22 00:53 조회3,314회 댓글0건

본문

Texas Rover!

Sliderz Protect your Freelander in style

Not long after installing the original Land Rover side protection bars, I did some pretty extreme off-road driving. The side protection bars came in useful and made it through a long weekend of sometimes extreme wheelin" action. The problem arose when I went off-road where

there are rocks. Huge mistake! The side protection bars got me hung up a few times before they were torn almost completely off.

DAP up in Vermont has long been a supplier of REAL off-road accessories for Land Rovers. Unlike many Land Rover shops, they embraced the Freelander immediately and brought a product line to market that was more than aesthetics... real off road gear.

July of 2003 the DAP Sliderz were born.

Hand made from heavy duty steel to take the punishment of off-road use, but attention to detail evident in the compound curves in the side protection tubing and powder coat finish. The Freelander is at a slight disadvantage with ground clearance (unless you install DAP"s lift kit), so from their experience with their own test and development Freelander they knew these had to really actually work- not just look as if they do like the oem bars.

Paul and I got the first two production sets, but I couldn"t wait for the weekend and started on mine the day they arrived.

Unpacking the bars took about the same amount of time as installing the first one. Within 15 minutes I had the first one attached, minus the plate which goes under the carpet in the rear floor. These bars were designed so no drilling into the Freelander is required other than the replaceable drain plug on the rear floor between the rear and front seats.

사진4 The carpet has to be partially pulled up before drilling up from underneath so as to avoid catching the carpet with the drill.

This was the most time consuming part of the installation, but still only took a few minutes.

사진8 In action!

Once again the Sliderz are put to the test in North Carolina. Not sure if it was intentional though... :)